Are you wondering- “how do I clean my tank and mod?”
Don’t worry, it’s really simple! If you follow these steps, your tank will work in optimal condition and you’ll also keep your vape tasting great.
This process doesn’t take a lot of time. You don’t even need to buy a special cleaning kit. All you’ll need to get your equipment looking and working great, is water, alcohol, unscented dishwashing liquid, an old toothbrush, a bowl, and paper towels.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting your atomizer clean:
- First of all, whether it’s brand new or a tank you’ve had for a long time, you’ll need to take it apart. This includes removing the o-rings and the screws. Make sure you remember where everything goes. If you need to, draw yourself a diagram!
- Pour a 90% alcohol solution into a clean container, and add your tank parts. Give them a quick rinse and remove any leftover oils.
- Empty the alcohol container and fill it again with warm water- use enough to cover all the parts.
- Add dish soap and mix it in the water with an old toothbrush. Let the parts soak for as long as your tank manufacturer recommends.
- Once the soaking is complete, take that old toothbrush and gently scrub all the parts. Be sure to pay careful attention to the inner parts that air will be flowing over.
- Rinse the parts well and lay them on a paper towel or other cloth. (Microfiber works great for this!)
- Once the parts are dry, it’s time to put all the parts back together. Grab the diagram you made earlier. First, after your o-rings are clean they may be hard to insert. Use some e-juice to lubricate and you’ll be set.
- Once your o-rings are properly lubed, continue with assembly until it is complete. Don’t forget to install a fresh coil.
- Now that you’re fully assembled, give your vape a go!
If you are a visual person, here is a great video from Zample Box that will walk you through the steps:
Maintaining your battery/ mod:
Maintaining your battery and mod is an equally simple process!
Be careful not to drop it. If your mod has a built-in battery all you need to worry about is making sure the connectors are free of dirt and e-juice.
Rub it with a Q-tip- this will go a long way to keeping it clean.
A box mod with removable batteries will need a bit more maintenance. You should probably check your cell connections once a week for dirt, dust, or e-liquid. Make sure the spring on the negative connection isn’t going and check for signs of burns or corrosion.
Most of all, taking care of your vaping equipment will ensure you’re always getting the best flavor, because it will also help keep everything working in optimal condition.
What tips/tricks do you have to keep your equipment working it’s best? We’d love to hear your ideas below.